Thursday, September 25, 2008

I Hope They Call Me On A Mission!

Yesterday came sooner than we thought it ever would and what a day it was too! Our family took Heather to the MTC yesterday afternoon. Many who have experienced this can empathize. I can only describe it as bittersweet. We felt so proud of the great decision she has made to go and preach the gospel yet we feel the sadness of losing her to the people of Texas for eighteen months. I know that blessings will come from the Lord during this time.

Here we are putting on her missionary tag that she will wear proudly for the next eighteen months. Hugs going around

One last picture together

As I said earlier, this whole experience has been a gamut of emotions. I enrolled in some challenging courses this time around so that when the time came I wouldn't have too much time on my hands to think of the situation. This has been both good and bad. Bad in that I was frustrated that I couldn't spend all my time with her in our last weeks together and good in that I now see the wisdom in my choice and am very occupied with my studies, work, church, etc.

My plan of action is to keep busy with school, work, family and friends and my church calling as a Sunday school teacher.

So it appears that The Richardson Twins blog duties fall solely to me for awhile! Wish me luck!

No comments: