Monday, September 22, 2008

This morning we had an unexpected visitor. I was busy working on a paper for school at the kitchen table while heather and mom were busy doing last minute preparations such as hemming dresses and skirts for her mission.
Well, I was typing away when I heard a odd tapping sound outside. I summed it up to some construction of some sort. However, as the noise persisted so did my curiosity. Wanting a break anyhow I decided to do some investigating.
As the primary song goes, "I looked out the window and what did I see..."
and what I saw was a bird a lot like this cute little guy here

Making these holes here

And here

And this pile 'o wood here.

I was so disgruntled that the picture taker in me didn't emerge until I had shooed the pest away. He really was a cute birdie. Obnoxious, annoying, vandal of a bird. But yet, still cute.

We girls went on the internet to research about our visitor and found that perhaps he wasn't trying to build a shelter but attract a mate. Unfortunately for him we don't run a dating service so we studied methods of deterrents. And here is our solution here.
Yes, we are well aware it looks a wee bit white trash. Okay, okay! A lot white trash. But it sure has worked. No sign of return.
With all the foil and balloons, reminds me somehow of a an episode of The Red Green Show.

No comments: