Wednesday, December 31, 2008

It Can't Be Over!

I just can't seem to quite come to grips with the fact that this year is almost come and gone. It has been a fantastic year for both myself and my family. It has been one with many changes. Some have have more trying than others like the death of my grandma in April. Some have been bittersweet like Heather leaving for her mission to Texas. And finally, others have been exciting and terrifying all wrapped up in one. I'm referring mainly to my acceptance and admittance to BYU and the multitude of changes that have accompanied it.

I have moved into my brother's and sister's home recently. It has been an enjoyable experience to live with them. I get to spoil my nieces and nephews on a daily basis. How lucky am I?!

My family had a fantastic Christmas yet a little more unconventional than ones in years past. We got up at about 7/7:30am and left our home to go to my brother's and sister in love's home. We arrived around 9am and made some breakfast preparations and visited until 10am. It was then when we got to speak to my twin sister! We talked for about an hour. We all hated to be the one to hang up the phone, but we wanted to be obedient to Heather's mission rules. We ate a brunch and then opened our drawn gifts to each other. We didn't stay too long due to the weather. When we arrived home we all elected to take a Christmas day nap. It turns out that we didn't open our gifts till about 5pm! So, however unconventional from Christmases past, we enjoyed it thoroughly.
I am looking to this new year with anticipation and excitement. See you next year!

1 comment:

Ann said...

I think it was one of our best Christmases ever. Of course, we missed Heather. But she is so committed to her work and happy to be doing it, that I can not begrudge her that experience. And knowing her absence is temporary also helps! :-)
Love ya girl!